Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

The Letter Opener

Call me ridiculous. Call me strange. Call me whatever you like this is my letter opener. I wouldn't trade it for any other letter opener in the world. It's so beautiful and ornate. There are a few blemishes and sticky stuff from trying to pry open well taped packages.
It goes through tops of envelopes like no tomorrow.
It was the only thing that I had requested from a yard sale that I helped put together. For years it sat in the bottom of one of my junk drawers waiting to me used. Over the years I didn't really get any personal mail except for the occasional greeting card for Christmas or my birthday, but it laid unused for years. It was forgotten until I started complaining about how I should get a letter opener and it dawned on my that I already had one! Immediatly, I dug it out and put it to good use.
Now, it sits proudly on my desk just waiting; waiting to slay another envelope.
This beauty deserves a named. Any ideas?

0 comments:

Post a Comment